We warmly welcome people who are seeking the Lord :
- those who are seeking a place of spiritual renewal, silence and peace
- those who are at a turning point in their lives and feel the need to take some "time ou" to reflect and to pray
- young people (and not so young people!) who are seeking direction in their lives
- the baptised who desire to share in the fraternal and liturgical life of a community for a few days
We are able to welcome single people as well as couples as available space allows.
Information concerning your stay :
The length of the stay may be between 2 and 6 days (excluding Mondays).
A written request should be made at least one week in advance. We don’t receive guests during the month of January or from the 21st of June until the 1st of October.
This time of retreat will not be preached.
It is recomended that you :
- share in our liturgical life (attending at least two prayer times per day)
- join us for mealtimes and washing up
- participate in our communal life by offering one hour of service in the mornings
It is also possible to meet with a Brother or Sister of the community and to go to confession.
Each person may contribute to the cost of their stay according to their means in a spirit of sharing. As a guideline: welcoming a guest costs between 25€ and 30€ per day. In order to respect the life of the community here at the Abbey and to allow you to have a fruitful stay, you kindly requested to respect a certain atmosphere of silence and reflection. Doing so, will enable you to experience a time of contemplation as well as fraternal sharing (meals will not be in silence).
Please note :
We are unable to provide accommodation for tourists, passing travellers, or pilgrim groups seeking a stop over as we do not have the facilities of a hotel. It is however quite easy to find guestrooms, hotels, and other accommodation nearby.
There is an unsupervised mountain lodge (6 beds) at the disposal of hikers for one night.